R.O.O.T.S - Reversing Outcomes of Traumatic Situations
R.O.O.T.S is our ACEs program developed as a part of the Great Expectations Initiative funded by the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust. Our R.O.O.T.S program focuses on Reversing Outcomes of Traumatic Situations in Forsyth County.
R.O.O.T.S programs goals are as follow:
1. Understand systems within Forsyth County that perpetuate Adverse Childhood Experiences.
2. Reduce the occurrences of Adverse Childhood Experiences and toxic stress amongst young children.
3. Coordinate engaging activities and discussions regarding other contributing factors associated with ACEs.
4. Have Broad Based communication, community education and advocacy efforts to advance goals.
5. Regularly convene community stakeholders to address goals.
6. Build community organization and capacity in areas with low-income families.
7. Encourage historically marginalized communities to participate in economic, education, and health improvements.
For further information or to join our program please contact Juwon Crowell at Juwonc@smartstart-fc.org
R.O.O.T.S & Family Engagement Sessions - In-Person & Virtual
The following dates are for In-person and virtual sessions. All in-person sessions will be held at Smart Start of Forsyth County and virtual session on Zoom (link will be provided). Attendees will receive a gift card valued at $30.00 – $75.00 (per session), catered meal (in person), Trauma Resilience Education Resources, tickets to WFU sports events, WS-Dash games, Bowling, movie tickets, and the opportunity to schedule a one-on-one appointment with our Licensed Family Advocate Counselor