Smart Start of Forsyth County's Family Child Care Home (FCCH) Expansion Project Start-Up Grant provides individuals interested in opening a licensed FCCH in Forsyth County the opportunity to receive financial and technical assistance.
Ever thought about starting your own Family Child Care Home in Forsyth County? If so, Smart Start of Forsyth County worked in conjunction with Child Care Resource Center to start the Family Child Care Home (FCCH) Expansion Project to provide guidance to individuals interested in opening or expanding a licensed FCCH in Forsyth County. With this grant individuals will have the opportunity to receive financial and technical assistance. The Family Child Care Home Grant will support individuals in creating sustainable, high-quality teaching and business practices while encouraging an increase in available full-time child care slots in Forsyth County.
The process will include completion of the grant application, technical assistance,
coaching/mentoring, and business owner support. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The grantee will be required to apply for an NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) license within six months of grant award.
To receive grant funding, you must:
- Be willing to serve children birth to 5 years of age
- Submit an application to the NC
Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) to become a licensed family child care home within 9 months of acceptance into the project.
- Have a criminal background check qualification letter from the Division of Child Development and Early Education. Child Care Resource Center can assist you with this process. For more information, please visit: https://ncchildcare.ncdhhs.gov/Home/DCDEE-Sections/Criminal-Background-Check-Unit
- Complete the City of Winston-Salem zoning application
- FCCH location will be in Forsyth County and meet zip code eligibility guideline.
Grant recipients will:
- Receive up to $2,700 of eligible start-up
costs and one-on-one support to help with the creation of sustainable, high-quality teaching and business practices
- Participate in technical assistance and coaching with Smart Start of Forsyth County and Child Care Resource Center.
Interested? Contact Us For More Information:
Marvin Fulwood | Interim Director of Advancement and Community Education | Smart Start of Forsyth County | firstname.lastname@example.org 336-813-0863
Gena Puckett | Program Director Child Care Resource Center | email@example.com 336-245-4900