NC Pre-K Program
NC Pre-K is North Carolina’s state funded pre-kindergarten program for children, aged four, if they are four years old by August 31, 2020. This program promotes school readiness and families of enrolled children must meet income eligibility requirements and be Forsyth County residents. The North Carolina Pre- kindergarten program is designed to prepare children for success and make it easy for children and parents to transition from preschool to kindergarten. The goals are:
- To promote social-emotional growth.
- To improve each child’s readiness for kindergarten.
- To identify needs of the child and help families access services needed.
- To give parents information that will help them prepare their child for school success.
- Child’s birthdate verification
- Immunization record
- Income verification
For further information, contact Saquana Terry, NC Pre-K Program Coordinator, at 336.714-4378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is My Child Eligible
To be eligible for the NC Pre-K program children must be 4years on or before August 31 and would attend kindergarten the following year. Eligibility is determined primarily by family size and gross income. Other factors are also considered, such as: ∙
- Children of eligible military families ∙
- Children with an identified disability or developmental/educational need
- Children/families with limited English skills
- Children/families experiencing homelessness
Applying for NC Pre-K
If you are interested in applying for the NC Pre-K program, please download the Pre-K application PDF, fill out and upload it in the form below:
Please note, in addition to the NC Pre-K application, you must attach the following documents:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Forsyth County residence (most current utility bill or lease under parent’s name)
- Four (4) recent wage or check stubs for parents living in the household who are working. Also, proof of SSI benefits, and/or proof of child support, if applicable. Parents do not have to be employed for the child to be eligible.
- If you are a court-ordered legal guardian of the child, please provide a copy of the court order.
An incomplete application will not be accepted.