Request for Funding
Smart Start of Forsyth County is accepting new and continuing proposals for Smart Start funding for the FY’s 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 funding cycles.
Smart Start of Forsyth County
7820 North Point Blvd., Ste. 200
Melissa Estler, Director of Continuous Quality Improvement and Partnerships
Grant Purpose and Availability
Smart Start funds may be used solely to support services for young children (birth through age 5) and their families who reside in Forsyth County. Smart Start funds are available to local, community-based nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies. All selected projects will be funded initially for a maximum of two years, from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024. All awards are contingent upon Smart Start funding made available by the NC General Assembly and contracted through the North Carolina Partnership for Children.
Smart Start of Forsyth County (hereafter referred to as the “Local Partnership”) is soliciting proposals to establish contracts through competitive negotiations. The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to acquire the services of a qualified contractor (hereafter referred to as the “Contractor”) for one of the following services to support early literacy and the health and development of young children:
- Child Care Service Quality Enhancement/Maintenance: Building and maintaining an affordable, comprehensive, high-quality early development and education system for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County.
- Subsidized Placement: Assist eligible children and families in obtaining high quality early education that meets child and family needs
- Parents as Their Children’s First Teacher: Connecting families (guardians) with young children or who are expecting young children to information, resources, and supports concerning early development and learning.
- Access to Trauma Informed Services: Connecting or serving eligible families and children with programs and resources in the community to address exposure to or impact of traumatic or adverse experiences.
- Educational Data: Implementation of a county-wide early childhood education data hub for use by Smart Start of Forsyth County to support the work of Early Childhood Practitioners and Leaders.