ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Goal: He/she is responsible for diversifying funds and informing partners of strategic business goals. Your job duties are to work closely with other executives to define short- and long-term policies and strategic priorities and connect with internal and external stakeholders to expand on SSFC's vision.
· Collaborate with internal departments and community partners in establishing concise, consistent messaging for all resource materials, publications, and use by SSFC staff and board members. Maintain updated materials with the latest information and research.
· Build relationships with local media sources and seek coverage of events, research, and developments related to early childhood work.
· Oversee coordination of annual “signature” event.
· Manage expense budget for community outreach, public relations, and fund
Strategic Goal: Building and sustaining proper corporate operations.
- Responsible for ensuring SSFC’s leadership is prepared for making new connections, building new relationships, leveraging existing relationships to broaden our network to secure new member and partner sales to grow donor base and new revenues
- Collaborate with SSFC staff and current partners to develop and execute projects and plans supporting new growth & funding opportunities.
Strategic Goal: Developing diversified sources of private and public funding and in-kind support.
· Support the partners, leadership team, and Board in creating a fund development program with goals in annual giving, major gifts, and corporate and foundation support.
· Coordinate the planning and implementation of the Annual meeting of donors, corporate partners, Board, and staff.
· Collaborate with the leadership team toward requests for proposals and other funding activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, education, project management, public administration, or related degree.
· Three to five years of experience in fundraising, business development, and grant writing required.
· Event planning is required.
· An equivalent minimum of education and experience is required.
You will be successful in this role if you meet the following requirements:
- Value the opportunity to make new connections and provide interconnected support, proven collaborator
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship and trust-building, communication and listening, and personal engagement
- High professional maturity, diplomatic style
- Experience working with senior executives and/or government officials
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional skills in prioritizing and project management must be highly organized with superior attention to detail and accuracy, flexible work style.
- High level of comfort in taking the initiative and willingness to navigate new situations
Language and Cultural Skills:
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; English and Spanish proficiency preferred.
· Ability to produce news information to present to individuals, groups, and the media and respond to questions.
· Must be able to perform the basic life operational skills of fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
· Must be able to perform sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of power frequently or regularly to move objects.
· Must possess the visual and mental acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, to perform contract work, to operate a computer terminal, and o read complex technical materials, such as contract documents, and concentrate on details when preparing contracts, bids, and proposals.
· The individual in the position will be exposed to conditions typical of an office environment.
· Occasional day travel is required for the program and fiscal monitoring visits and training. Overnight trip for training is estimated at less than 5%.
Related keywords: manager, nonprofit
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Business Development