Support Our Mission
Forsyth County’s future prosperity is directly tied to how well we prepare children to become successful adults. There’s a great opportunity for every member of our community to join us and help young children become “citizen ready.”
Why Invest in Smart Start?
At Smart Start of Forsyth County, we know what it takes to put young children on a path to lifelong success: high-quality childcare, education, programs that support physical and developmental health, family literacy, and parenting skills—all delivered through a strong, diverse, and fully integrated early childhood system.
We know that investing in the early years provides a tremendous return on investment: for every $1 spent today, we save $13 dollars in future spending. In Forsyth County, we have many children and families who qualify for these essential programs. Of the 21,000 children ages birth to 5 who live in Forsyth County, 14.3% live in poverty. Unfortunately, funding for our programs does not meet the demand, but with your generosity, we can make an impact.
Supporters like you make a difference! Your gift, monetary and in-kind, bonds Forsyth County children and families by:
- Keeping children in safe, clean, and healthy facilities.
- Providing childcare scholarships for those who cannot afford it.
- Providing educational materials and IT equipment for teachers.
- Making nutrition an accessible priority.
- Empowering Forsyth County’s next generation.
At Smart Start of Forsyth County, we appreciate ALL of our donors, partners, and key sponsors who help us reach our goals. Our giving levels range from $600 – $5,000 and above, as highlighted below.
- Today’s Child: $600 (provides one family a week of childcare assistance.)
- Tomorrow’s Child: $1,000 (provides a childcare center new supplies to promote better education.)
- First Generation Leader: $2,500 (provides high-level engagement or STEM activities to a childcare classroom.)
- Next Generation Leader: $5,000 (provides equipment for a center to better promote health and physical activity to children.)
Prefer to donate by check?
Make checks payable to:
Smart Start of Forsyth County.
7820 North Point Boulevard, Suite 200, Winston Salem, NC 27106