SSFC is looking for highly skilled and dedicated professionals to fill a number of influential positions. Our employees are passionate about making an impact in the lives of young children, and they are valued and appreciated for their dedicated work. You can make a difference in your community by joining our team.
We are a non-profit, community-based organization serving residents in the greater Forsyth County Community. Our teams are made up of highly skilled and mission-driven specialists, who constantly strive to provide the best possible care for our children and their families. The work you do will have a direct impact on the community we serve. See below to view current employment opportunities and apply online. Please check back often, as we continually update our listings.
Family Advocate Counselor
The Family Advocate Counselor is a contracted, part-time position that will support the work of the ACE’s Project Director’s Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Program. This program empowers children and families with ACEs. It works with these families as a thought partner to better their understanding of ACEs and reduce ACEs in the Forsyth County community. The Trust recently funded the Smart Start of Forsyth County to support its Countywide Initiative and multiple partners to support Marginalized families through empowerment and the formation of a Parent Coalition.
This Family Advocate Counselor will work with our ACEs members to help them overcome and manage different mental and emotional challenges and facilitate healthy discussions with parents.
Family Advocate Counselor duties and responsibilities:
Typical duties and responsibilities as a Counselor include:
- Attending our various events and helping counsel parents and children as they identify and hear more about ACEs
- Serve as an advocate with our families for awareness of mental health issues in the communities we serve.
- Perform initial evaluations of client needs and direct them to appropriate community resources
- Coordinate and attend regular meetings at the request of the Project Director.
- Support the collaborative partners within the KBR ACE’s program to promote countywide success in combating ACEs.
- Coordinate with social and medical agencies, healthcare providers, and community outreach programs to provide clients with needed services.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Follow ethical and legal policies, procedures, and standards-aligned with their specific job-related licensure.
- Collaborate and discuss findings with Project Director as needed
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum a master’s degree in counseling or Social Work and be an NC Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Experience with ACEs and an understanding or certifications in Trauma-Informed behaviors and interventions.
- Must have at least three to five years of experience working with marginalized communities in education, preschool, and nonprofit setting.
- Familiar with Forsyth County and bi-lingual in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Experience working with parents and children in the preschool setting.
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, short-term, and long-term disability coverage
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid time off
- Continuing educational opportunities
- Opportunities for leadership development within the organization
Follow us on social media to be notified of our vacancies first!
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may contact us via telephone, fax, email, or other means to request and arrange for accommodations at any time. Please call 336-714-4361, or email our HR Manager, Joanna Brim. Please do not call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation.